The Bankruptcy Noticing Center (BNC) Program is seeking a Deputy Program Manager to lead a close knit technical and operations team. It is expected that this person will become the full time program manager in the medium term. The BNC operates as a 24 x 7 service bureau for the US Courts to provide bankruptcy noticing services electronically and through the US Mail. The technical team is responsible for maintaining the software and systems to perform daily processing and web site support. It includes regular security upgrades to minimize risk. The operations team provide customer support and production job monitoring to ensure on time document delivery.
The Deputy PM roles include:
* Designated to act for the PM when work is performed outside of duty hours, or during the PM's absence. These activities include:
- Conducts overall management of the BNC and is the central Point of Contact with the Government for performance of all work under the contract.
- Overall manager of the development and operations groups, as well as the print-mail subcontractor RRD.
- Generates invoices for the program and interfaces with the AO to solve problems and analyze current program procedures.
- Has oversight of detailed monthly reports delivered to the AO.
- Subcontractor Management
- Attends quarterly reviews with representatives of the U.S. Courts and AO biannual meetings with the BNC Working Group, meeting with customer representatives to present an overview of the BNC program accomplishments and discuss future direction of the program.
- Plays a major role in developing and presenting recommendations as to the future direction and maintaining the overall vision of the system and the program, in close consultation with the U.S. Courts and AO representatives.
* Responsible for reviewing daily production schedules, ensuring data is complete and accurate for automated data processing, coordinating issues with subcontractors, developing and documenting BNC procedures, and interpreting customer requirements.
* Accepts notices, inspection reports, and all other correspondence on behalf of the BAE Systems.
* On call to resolve subcontractor issues on weekends and after normal business hours.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
This individual shall possess the following minimum qualifications:
* Degree in computer science, information systems, business, engineering or other related study.
* At least ten years of general experience in operation of large scale systems, including data communications, systems integration, web-based systems, electronic publishing, imaging, high speed printing, and financial, administrative, and project management.
* At least five years of the above experience shall relate to the management and oversight of an Information Technology (IT)-based data collection and printing/mailing operation, including administering contracts, supervising personnel, overseeing customer relations, and interacting with contracting, technical and functional personnel at all organizational levels.
* Home office environment must possess high speed internet connection and a reliable phone connection.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Familiarity with Court Operations; USPS Regulations for First Class Mail; Profit and Loss (P&L) experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website