Pennington Seed is searching for an experienced Production Assistant Manager in our Greenfield, Missouri location. This position requires qualified candidates to be safety conscious and able to perform required functions in a productive manner, working with tight schedules and deadlines.
MEASURE OF SUCCESS
- Assist the department manager in day to day operations.
- Keep proper, accurate records.
- Check production reports to evaluate the effective use of supplies and manpower.
- Know the proper procedure for all tasks that are to be performed.
- Observe and have a plan of action if there are any corrections needed.
- Oversee problems with seed, packaging, labels, bags, equipment, and all things pertaining to department.
- Watch for any safety problems.
- Provide leadership for all employees.
- Be able to provide resolutions to employee's issues or disputes.
- Scheduling of department personnel.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Must demonstrate attitude of pride in a job well done.
- Must be able to handle the flow and reporting of paperwork and other information.
- Mush have a college degree.
- Must have ability to direct people.
- Should have ability to show respect to all people.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Should have excellent communication skills.
- Able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment.
- Work temperatures may vary due to outside temperatures.
- Work environment may be dusty.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website