At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Professional Tools is a business unit of Emerson, a Fortune 500 company, representing the RIDGID & Greenlee brands. We believe that team collaboration is the key to delivering on our brand promise. Our people are passionate about working together to solve challenging problems for our customers and our business. Our products and tools are used by millions of trade professionals worldwide. Our products incorporate diverse opinions to bring high quality, new solutions to market. Our products are distributed across the globe through a distributor channel network of industrial, wholesale, and retail partners (i.e., Grainger, Ferguson, Sonepar, The Home Depot, etc.). Our end-customers are focused primarily around the Plumbing / Mechanical / Electrical contractors, as well as Industrial/Institutional organizations.
RIDGID (Elyria, OH) is a global leader in pipe-working tools (threading, pressing, underground inspection, drain cleaning, hand tools, etc.); Greenlee (Rockford, IL) is a global leader in electrical tools (hole making, bending, pulling, crimping, hand tools, etc.). Both RIDGID & Greenlee are the brand of choice when a job requires purpose-built, durable, and dependable tools that perform in the most demanding conditions. Similarly, both brands are recognized as the industry leaders for incorporating new technology to produce innovative tools for the professional tradespeople.
Description | Basic Function & Purpose | What is this role
The Marketing Specialist is a key player on the Professional Tools Marketing team. This is an important role in engaging our customers throughout their journey. Candidate will support the Director of Digital Strategy & Marketing Operations in a broad range of areas focused on growing business with all channels and building our brands, including: digital marketing, product launch planning; marketing events; sales support material development; project management, planning and meeting coordination; maintaining databases; and working with the sales, product management, software solutions and management on various company objectives as requested.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Director in modeling and managing project prioritization.
- Help in creation of model to decide to Insource/outsource for projects. Manage and track projects for the marketing team.
- Content Management: The Marketing Specialist will work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to bring digital content to life across our web properties. In addition, this role will coordinate with our digital team to place, enhance and maintain the content in our CMS and digital asset management systems that globally support our websites. In this role, content refers to storytelling, website data, digital imagery, translated documentation, etc.
- Marketing Support: The Marketing Specialist will support the Professional Tools marketing team with important responsibilities such as event coordination, agency partner project monitoring, project management, internal coordination with product management teams, promotions, social media planning, assist with product launch and commercialization strategies, and other responsibilities as priorities require.
- The marketing specialist will manage and lead special projects as assigned.
- Packaging Coordination: Product packaging is one of our most visible sales tools. The Marketing Specialist liaises between product management teams, internal approvers and third-party creative agencies and packaging suppliers to bring packaging to life for both new and existing products.
- Aid in coordinating and executing product and brand merchandising strategy.
- Assist and provide support in campaign planning, development and accurate execution for the marketing team.
- Create and maintain ECO process in SAP.
- Work in conjunction with internal production team and external resources to create marketing content to support a wide range of integrated promotions, product launches, campaigns and events.
- Responsible for managing and publishing companywide channel programing and events calendar.
- Responsible for creating and managing project timelines to ensure on-time project completion.
- May act as a liaison between product marketing team and sales to manage product launch and programing timelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Communicates Effectively (Including Listening)
- Customer Focus
- Manages Complexity
- Drives Results
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proofreading, copy editing.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be a motivated and energetic team player constantly seeking to grow personally and professionally.
- Strong work ethic.
- Demonstrates ability to work on assigned tasks independently.
- Integrity and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Willingness to take on new tasks and projects with a collaborative mindset.
- Sales and channel experience with retail and wholesale a preferred.
- Meeting coordination, project management and event planning experience are preferred.
Travel: up to 15%
Position Structure: Reports to the Director of Digital Strategy & Marketing Operations
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website