The Accounting team has an opening for an Accountant in the General Ledger Department. Contract to hire.
This position is located in the National Services Center in Phoenix, AZ.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of general accounting experience Skills and Experiences
- Strong foundation in accounting skills with knowledge of rules, regulations and standards including understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent problem solving skills Capable of managing numerous, simultaneous projects
- Must consistently demonstrate a positive attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be a team player
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Excel and Word, SQL experience preferred
- Good organizational and analytical skills with ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, and adaptability
- Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting the strongest business ethics.
- Prepare periodic financial statements/reports for management or various state and local governmental taxing authorities
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring all tasks are completed on time for respective division(s).
- Take the lead on projects requiring research, organization, communication and problem resolution
- Liaison between NASC General Ledger department and Division/Distribution Center Finance
- Responsible for providing guidance to internal/external customers
- Support team members on accounting issues
- Accountable for maintaining departmental applications and system functionalities requiring a high level of decision making and technical abilities
- Coordinate audits conducted by internal/external entities on accounting practices/processes, reporting, tax returns
- Conduct special studies and develop or recommend accounting methods and procedures
- Create standard and ADHOC reports utilizing various applications: QMF, Essbase, Access, Excel, ODBC
- Train and assist Associates and Clerks in specific accounting tasks and in the use of systems
- Contribute and participate in all team activities
- Maintain balance sheet account reconciliations
- Be a mentor; lead by example. Provide positive reinforcement/constructive feedback
- Handle conflict and issues while maintaining the self-esteem of others
- Participate and support all team activities while contributing to motivate others
- Remote until pandemic is over
- Contract to hire
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.Why Kelly®
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website