R&I Chemist (Long Beach, CA)
Kelly Science & Clinical is currently seeking an R&I Chemist to work for our client's Oil and Gas Division located in Long Beach, CA.
Direct Hire Opportunity!
Formulate Production Chemicals for Oil and Gas and surfactants for customers in a high paced, competitive environment via innovation, tech transfer or reverse engineering.
- Develop formulas using customer or business briefs and direction by understanding the balance between cost, claims and functionality.
- Contribute to customer marketing goals and company growth goals through innovation.
- Project management of priorities and deadlines to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Work hand in hand with Business Development Managers and Product Line Managers to help meet business demands.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- Perform pre-production R&D laboratory tests to optimize scale-up process and highlight critical parameters affecting production.
- Manage handoff from R&D to technology including collaborating on manufacturing process development, batch records, and tank selection.
- Follow and abide by all necessary guidelines, SOPs and safety requirements.
- Track and monitor stability of prepared samples.
- Identify and resolve process deviations and non-conformances and provide corrective actions to eliminate future discrepancies.
- Keep current on Production Chemical trends for products, product line gaps and technology.
Education and Experience
- Masters degree in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or related field
- PhD in Chemistry preferred
- 3+ years of experience formulating and working on Production Chemicals for Oil and Gas is preferred but not needed
- Working knowledge of Production Chemicals and functionality and R&D operations is preferred but not needed
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated capability to drive improvement, efficiency, and cost savings
- Experience with knowledge of safety and OSHA regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills with business team and external clients
Apply Now for Immediate Consideration!
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.Why Kelly®
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website