At Lakeside Book Company, our Fulfillment Managers have a great amount of influence over how we do business and the environment in which our employees spend their time with us. You will be the leader of a department in our fulfillment center that brings in books from our manufacturing locations, organizes them into custom orders, and ships them to our customers all over the world. Internally, we call these roles Operations Managers.
Location: 700 Airtech Parkway, Indianapolis, IN 46231
Hours: 2nd shift Fulfillment Manager regularly works 2:30pm-11:00pm Mon-Fri and 3rd shift Fulfillment Manager regularly works 10:30pm-7:00am Sun-Thur
Fulfillment Manager Salary: $70,000 - $90,000, based upon experience
What you'll be doing:
- Above all, create a safe environment for all to work in and ensure all team members know how to work safely.
- Oversee the department activities and teams and solve roadblocks as they arise that may prevent us from getting orders to our customers.
- Lead a team of Supervisors who, in turn, lead their own teams of Material Handlers, Picker Packers, Forklift Operators, etc.
- Develop employees in customized ways in which they need.
- Foster a working environment that engages all employees and makes Lakeside Book Company an employer of choice locally.
- Educate teams on goals and KPI, ensuring they understand what they measure and how they impact them.
- Plan for time frames, quality, and quantity of resources required to successfully operate.
- Create forecasts and reports, telling a story about what's going on with data on hand.
- Provide insights for annual budgeting of personnel, capital, and operations expenses.
- Communicate up, down, and across the organization.
- Develop Production Plans by scheduling employees, mapping out priorities, monitoring progress, escalating any issues, and brainstorming on resolutions.
- Come up with new procedures, techniques, and equipment that can reduce process variation, reduce fulfillment delays, and increase productivity. Empower employees to do the same.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and ensure all team members receive training on them.
- 4+ years of experience in leading teams of 15+ employees in a warehouse, fulfillment center, or manufacturing environment
- 7+ years of experience with warehouse or fulfillment processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing distribution of goods
- 2+ years of experience managing a department with strategic planning, production methods, and coordinating people and resources
- Flexibility to work weekends or in multiple departments as needed
What we offer you:
- Your safety is our top priority – we use COVID-safe practices in all we do
- Paid time off
- 401k with a company match
- Growing business with a strong future
Apply on company website