Lakeside Book Company is looking for Machine Operator Assistants to join our team! Machine Operator Assistants also perform routine maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating the equipment to ensure a safe working environment for everyone. No experience is necessary and offers the opportunity to promote quickly to Press Operator. We will provide you with all the training you need to be successful.
Machine Operator Assistant Starting Rate: $18.98/hour for day shift with a shift differential for night shift
Work Hours: 12-hour rotating shifts
Location: We have 3 locations in Harrisonburg. This position is located at our North plant at 2347 Kratzer Road, or our South plant at 1025 Willow Spring Road.
As a Machine Operator Assistant, you will put rolls of paper on our printing presses before and during the printing of the book. You will also hang printing plates on the press, make minor adjustments to the press, and assist the Press Operator with setting up the equipment to begin the printing process. Internally we call this position a Press Assistant.
What we offer you:
- Your safety is our top priority – we use COVID-safe practices in all we do
- Paid time off
- 401k with a company match
- Fun team events
- Growing business with a strong future
- Ability to lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to achieve forklift certification through in house training
- Ability and desire to learn and work with others in a teamwork environment
- Machine experience and/or strong mechanical aptitude required
Apply on company website