At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Production Assistant based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
The Production Assistant plans, coordinates, produces, and edits various aspects productions produced by the company.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Use talent, skill and knowledge of best practices to produce and edit short-form materials in a quick turnaround environment using new and archived materials
- Use talent and skill to create a compelling story using visual and sound elements that enhance the final product
- Manage creative process with internal and external clients to enhance and broaden the final product
- Infuse new production approaches and editing styles into all videos that distinguish each project
- Utilize storytelling concepts and processes to engage the audience and create memorable content
- Develop simple concepts into creative material
- Develop relationships with clients and their respective creative teams
- Screen races and use best judgement to select shots for highlights segments
- Research, write and provide ideas for future content
- Manage small projects independently with minimal supervision
- Screen, log, transcribe and clip footage; cut show elements, such as video b-roll, highlights, teases selects materials for bumps and roll-outs
- Perform various crew functions as needed during productions in-studio and on-location
- Travel: 10% including weekends
Required skills / experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or university and a minimum of three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station is a plus.
- Proficient on company provided hardware and software, including Microsoft Office Suite. Basic skills in non-linear editing software such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
Apply on company website