Tetra Tech is looking for Civil Engineers.
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Youwill be responsible for providing technical support and management within the Engineering Group for civil and environmental projects that focus on remedial engineering support.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Your Role :
- Responsible for supporting execution of projects from conceptual planning phases through final plans, specifications, bid packages and construction.
- Design of civil remedial solutions and conduct oversight of field implementation.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate detailed phases of technical work in a part of a major project or in a total project of complex scope.
- Competent to assist project manager on design and design build projects with guidance from senior personnel.
- Support preparation of subcontractor procurements, specifications, and bidding documents for construction of site development projects.
- Support project proposal preparation and successful completion of the awarded project in accordance with the proposal schedule and budget.
- Provide direction to staff personnel
- Interface with Client Project Managers, government regulators, other contractors and other representatives.
- Overnight travel to locations within the United States.
- Assist in estimating and obtaining vendor pricing.
- Ensure technical accuracy, standard engineering practices and inclusion of appropriate documentation on various reports and design projects.
- Evaluate alternatives, resolve technical issues and interface with other disciplines.
- Construction administration of projects, including submittal review.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil engineering preferred.
- 1-3 years' experience providing technical design/support for civil and remediation projects.
- EIT is required, PE a plus.
- Knowledge of remediation approaches, excavation techniques, and construction is required. Direct experience with civil design and construction is required.
- Experience with site planning, slope stability and soil erosion and sediment controls including use of related computer programs such as TR-55, HEC-RAS, and other similar programs is a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Candidates must have a broad knowledge of site civil and remedial development requirements. Candidates must possess knowledge to successfully perform site activities including identifying and completing permitting requirements and interfacing with state and local agencies and utility companies. Experienced with all phases of civil and site design projects from inception (e.g., proposal preparation) through design, construction and to completion.
Candidates must be self-motivated, creative and have strong organizational, inter-personal communication, writing and presentation skills. Candidates must be able to function with little direction to meet project goals and able to take conceptual direction for project tasks and developed detail plans to complete tasks.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 112 EGS
Apply on company website