Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
We are currently seeking a Civil Engineer with at least 10 years' experience in Canada to join our exciting renewable energy team in Calgary, Alberta. The ideal candidate will provide civil engineering design expertise and project coordination for the design and construction of renewable energy projects and associated works. The ideal candidate has extensive civil engineering experience covering earthworks and structures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Renewable Project Engineering, Analysis and Design
- Project strategizing to ensure key issues are identified early such that the project development can satisfactorily addresses all major technical factors to gain approvals, meet adequate quality and performance requirements and be economic.
- Participate in analyses required to formulate and determine design criteria for minor components/structures/systems and prepare specifications for same.
- Undertake preliminary analysis, system/layout optimization, energy assessments and project economics to determine the best site development scenario.
- Coordinate the data gathering and design drafting preparation of the general arrangement drawings and associated supporting information.
- Prepare regulatory technical submissions including project definition documents and associated for development permit, water licence and land tenure applications followed by the project development plan including project description, environmental assessment review, and mitigation / compensation strategy and associated information documents.
Civil Project Design
- Civil Design - Undertake detailed analysis of project sites in prairie, foothills, and mountainous regions to layout siteworks and design civil components such as roads, stream crossings, drainage works, building sites, substation works, borrow and waste sites, laydowns, construction works for crane erection, and works staging areas. Understanding of regulatory requirements for renewable energy projects, constraints mapping, work scheduling and associated design considerations.
- Drainage Engineering - Utilizing open channel and conduit analysis to determine flow and water level variations around projects sites, water courses, and structures including erosion protection, sediment transport, culvert sizing, flood routing, and associated mitigation solutions.
- Structures Design - Undertake foundation and superstructure design for civil structures including wind towers, substations, buildings, bridges, weirs, intakes and dams. Includes comparison analysis of various types of structures to optimize structural, geotechnical, risk and cost considerations. Technical familiarity with the current technology of large equipment support systems, FEM analysis, best practises and regional code requirements.
- Detailed Cost Evaluation – Derive quantities for civil projects and review cost estimates to accurately determine best options, overall economic viability and optimize the civil works design for entire projects including Balance of Works (BoP) components, hard and soft costs and provide cost analysis reports.
- Civil Engineer with a wide variety of civil design assignments. Strong hydrotechnical background is an asset.
- Professional registration in Alberta. Registration in other provinces and territories an asset.
- Consulting Engineering experience of at least 10 years, working in a multidiscipline engineering design environment and capable of working on several major projects simultaneously.
- Some field construction experience monitoring and reporting on large civil projects in different regions and seasons of the year. Demonstrated ability to identify and correct field challenges on a timely basis with realistic cost, low risk solutions.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website