Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Summary: This position is based in Pittsburgh, PA and candidate should possess and be able to apply comprehensive knowledge of civil and/or environmental engineering in the completion of challenging assignments for commercial, industrial, and public projects. Candidate will complete civil, environmental, and permitting components for land development, oil and gas, solar, water resources, engineering design, and bioenergy projects. Ability to interpret and apply state and federal regulations during project execution is key. Candidate will perform other project tasks including site investigation, evaluation of technologies, engineering design, and system operations. The candidate may be requested to support other projects/programs that are also managed and supported in the Pittsburgh office.
- Perform technical tasks on engineering and environmental projects under the direction/supervision of a licensed P.E.
- Complete work tasks through coordination with project team personnel.
- Provide civil engineering/site design support to on-going and new projects. Assignments may include site grading, stormwater analysis and stormwater design, construction monitoring, and permitting.
- Conduct hydrologic- and hydraulic-related analyses for water resource studies and engineering designs.
- Prepare engineering reports, permit applications, construction specifications and drawings, engineering cost estimates, and construction bid packages.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, subcontract specifications, and work plans.
- Overnight travel to locations within the continental United States may be required.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in civil/environmental engineering required.
- 3 to 5 years post graduate experience with civil and environmental projects.
- Direct experience with soil erosion and sediment controls, stormwater management controls, water resources, civil design, and permitting for projects in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, New York, and/or Virginia are desirable.
- Experience interfacing with state and local agencies as well as community boards for project planning is beneficial.
- Successfully completed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
- Experience providing support for land development, stormwater, water resources, permitting, and solar projects
- Computer skills must include Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic programs such as WinTR-55, Hydraflow, PondPack, HY-8, FlowMaster, and HEC-RAS and working knowledge of other design programs (CAD and GIS) is a plus.
- Ability to interpret project plans and specifications
- Ability to write accurate and concise reports
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 212 OGA
Apply on company website