Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We have exciting opportunities for experienced Civil Engineers to support the developing workload in our civil engineering team based in our Leeds, Manchester or Bristol offices. The team undertakes a wide variety of major and challenging infrastructure projects for the private and public sector, across a range of development sectors. We seek to provide integrated solutions incorporating state of the art design.
We require an experienced individual of high calibre to assist in the design and detailing of civil engineering works associated with a wide variety of major and challenging infrastructure projects for the private and public sector.
Specifically, we are seeking to strengthen our delivery capacity and require applicants experienced in the design of highway and drainage infrastructure projects with experience in the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Micro-Drainage. An understanding of flood risk assessment would be beneficial.
Projects typically range in size from £1m to £100m schemes covering defence, transport, infrastructure, healthcare, education, commercial, industrial and residential development. You will work independently and proactively on technical aspects including preparing designs, specifications, technical approval submissions and site supervision. There will also be the opportunity to work collaboratively with senior management on larger projects including quality assurance and project management.
You will take individual responsibility for a range of project types, manage them independently and be the client's main point of contact. Where appropriate, you will instruct, supervise and mentor junior staff in the design and management of infrastructure schemes and work with clients to ensure delivery of projects to time and cost, and to help manage change.
Whilst based in Leeds, Manchester or Bristol, the projects are UK wide and some travel would be expected on occasion, including working outside normal office hours.
You are an enthusiastic Engineer who likes a challenge.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in the field of Civil Engineering and eligible for IEng or CEng MICE
- Ideally chartered or approaching chartership
- Candidates chartered with CWEM would be considered
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work independently, a collaborative approach and a proven ability to deliver work on time
- Have strong experience and bring a sound knowledge and understanding of highways and drainage infrastructure. You can demonstrate your detailed design skills for private and public highways, S38 and S278 works, drainage and S104 works, including producing specifications, calculations and technical reports
- Your technical knowledge extends to the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Autotrack and MicroDrainage
- You will be fully conversant with Sewerage Sector Guidance (formerly Sewers for Adoption), The CIRIA SuDS Manual, Building Regulations, local authority and industry design standards
- Knowledge of flood risk assessment is desirable
- Experience of working with statutory authorities and procedures
- Sound experience of commercial management of projects and change control
- Experience of site supervision an advantage
- Commitment to encouraging good health and safety practices within the workplace and within design
- Team player displaying enthusiasm, flexibility and versatility
- Ability to mentor, encourage and support team members
- Have a desire to build upon your existing experience, continuing your professional development with Tetra Tech
- Hold a full UK Driving License
- Security Clearance to minimum SC level preferable or be suitable and willing to apply for clearance essential
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting www.tetratecheurope.com/careers
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratecheurope.com. To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter on the Careers section of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tetra Tech is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.Additional Information
- Organization: 784 WYG
Apply on company website