We are looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our Molecular Spectroscopy team in the UK. The role will focus on selling our FT-IR, Raman, and X-Ray Spectrometers to customers and potential customers across the UK.
You will manage pre-existing customers, maintaining a strong ongoing relationship while working to open up new sales opportunities within these accounts. You will also develop in-depth knowledge of the Molecular Spectroscopy market, our customers and our competitors and utilize this to identify new customers and win new business.
As such, you must be a sales “hunter” in mindset and strongly motivated by targets. To be successful in this role you will have deep technical understanding of Molecular Spectroscopy, combined with a background in Sales.
This is a field-based role covering the Midlands area of the UK (territory covers from Liverpool, to Norwich, to Cambridge, to Wales). We are looking for qualified candidates based anywhere in this region, providing you are happy to travel extensively on a weekly basis (on average 3-4 days per week). When not travelling, you will be able to work from home.
As a Thermo Fisher employee, we offer you a fantastic range of benefits to help you achieve a great work/life balance. We also work hard to support our colleagues' career ambitions, offering great training and development opportunities throughout your career to help you realize your best – professionally and personally.
What will you do?
- Identify and engage with prospective buyers of Thermo Fisher's Molecular Spectroscopy products. This activity will require a high level of business development
- Service existing accounts and execute professional sales calls to increase sales growth and territory penetration
- Identify and interpret customer's requirements, shape and align those requirements to Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities and apply Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions to the customer's needs
- Negotiate contracts and close orders with end users and purchasing departments and support all procurement processes
- Consistently achieve/exceed order bookings objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Provide accurate and timely monthly sales forecasts to sales management
- Attend and support through technical and business presentations, when required, tradeshows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events
- Serve as a product specialist in the sales process and provide effective on-customer-site product presentations and demonstrations
- Maintain up to date knowledge of competition – their products, pricing, procedures and personnel; of customers – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers
Who we are looking for:
- Degree in a Life Science essential (Chemistry or Physical Sciences preferred)
- Good knowledge of Material Sciences
- A working knowledge of FT-IR, Raman, and X-Ray Spectrometers (essential)
- Experience with XRF & XRD also of interest
- Experienced sales professional with a proven track record in achieving sales quotas and managing sales territory (essential)
- Relevant experience in a commercial environment, preferably capital analytical equipment sales (Capital Equipment in the field of Material Science would be a plus)
- A broad familiarity with the following industries: Academia, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Polymers, Food, Material Sciences and Petrochemical/Petroleum
- Ability to grow the business by identifying new target accounts each year and be able to develop and execute territory plans
- Commercial acumen and good market intelligence with respect to competitor products and vendors
- Sales-driven mindset, strongly motivated by targets and winning new business
- Fluent in English
- Valid Driving Licence
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary & sales bonus
- Company Car
- Full benefits package
- Excellent career progression as part of a global organization
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it's not just a career. It's a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Apply on company website