The Cedar Rapids, Iowa site of BAE Systems is seeking an experienced Senior Supplier Quality Engineer. In this role, the Supplier Quality Engineer is charged with implementing tools and processes to ensure suppliers are prepared and have robust plans to deliver timely and quality products to BAE Systems. The Engineer will investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. Conducts capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travels to assigned suppliers (following CDC guidelines), and leads multiple projects to completion. A self-starting problem solver, the Engineer will utilize analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Disseminates information and direction ensuring supplier understanding of requirements and expectations. Maintains progress reports and presents findings.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in a technical or engineering discipline and a minimum of four (4) years work experience in a Supplier Quality Engineering role, or the overall experience;
- Working knowledge of AS9100 Quality System and AS9102 First Article Requirements and Source Inspections;
- Direct knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain logistics from raw material to finished goods;
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to coach and guide others in a collaborative partnership;
- Must be able to support travel of up to 50% following CDC guidance and BAE Systems policies.
- Skilled in GD&T
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience in Aerospace or a Defense Contract environment;
- Working knowledge of the principles and the purpose of a Quality Management System (QMS);
- Proficient experience in Product Production Line Validation, test, equipment, instrumentation and qualification of Mechanical and Fabricated products;
- Experience with product test, equipment and instrumentation, knowledge of thermal processes, welding and brazing, finishes and coatings, nondestructive testing, fabrication, composites and other common processes common in the Aerospace and Defense Industries;
- Familiarity with APQP and PPAP and process tools such as PFMEA and Control Plan;
- Green / Black Belt certification from a recognized organization
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website