DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Unit Secretary / Unit Clerk / Receptionist
Medical City Frisco
Medical City Frisco, a campus of Medical City Plano, is a world-class, 54-bed acute care hospital that offers a range of services including adult and pediatric surgery, orthopedics, robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery, imaging and emergency services. Knowing how busy your life is, we've made scheduling, pre-registration and patient access easy. The less time you spend managing health care, the more you spend on the moments that matter most.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and 401K retirement including:
A supportive and collaborative work environment
Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
A competitive wage scale with annual merit increases
Generous tuition reimbursement and clinical certification support and student loan repayment
A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
HCA's Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)
The Unit Clerk / Receptionist performs clerical and receptionist duties necessary for the productive operation of the specified patient care area assigned.
- Compliance with 5 Standards of Star Service; always delivering exceptional service to our patients, physicians, guests, coworkers, volunteers and vendors
- Maintains education and development appropriate for position.
- Performs position in line with Employee Satisfaction, Patient Satisfaction, Physician Satisfaction, Continuous Performance Improvement, and/or Community Involvement
- Adheres to established hospital and department guidelines and protocols. Supports hospital mission, vision, and values.
- Utilizes time efficiently and effectively to organize and assist in designated tasks consistent with educational training and patient care area requirements
- Performs receptionist duties in a courteous and cooperative manner in accordance with Star Service Standards
- Reports observations and patient/family/physician needs to the appropriate person
- Utilizes electronic medical record to facilitate unit needs
- Accurately orders supplies/equipment based on department needs
- Attends work as scheduled, on time, and prepared to perform job duties.
- Delivers department service in a safe, competent, and efficient manner as determined by outcomes, quality monitors, and other internal and external processes.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships and self-conduct to contribute positively to the delivery of quality care and services, and to orderly operation of the department and the facility.
- Maintains and enhances skills through consultation with interdisciplinary team members, participation in planning activities, and attendance at in-service and continuing education programs.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- Ability to listen, interact, and communicate verbally and in writing
- Medical Terminology knowledge preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website