At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
Destination Motorsports seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Technical Director for NASCAR's Pinty's Series in Canada.
This position will manage all aspects of technical inspections of cars participating in a NASCAR Pinty's Series event.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for any research and input for rulebook and bulletins
- Knowing the competitor base and maintain relationships with all Crew Chiefs
- Answer all inquiries from competitors, Crew Chiefs or potential competitors via email, text and phone
- Shop visits when possible to seal components, visually inspect the cars and answer and questions that the Crew Chief may have at that time
- Work closely with Series Director on event schedules for inspection times and logistics (Inspection area layout)
- Responsible for all officials and making sure that all necessary training is completed
Off / During Season
- Work closely with Series Director and assist with event planning (i.e.: input on entry blanks / traffic flow / inspection area layout / etc.)
- Prepare and maintain all equipment necessary to perform all necessary inspections and duties at an event (including updating Spec engine data base)
- Making sure Series hauler and tool truck are maintained, cleaned, fueled and ready for each event (including extra keys and supplies i.e.: Water / Paper / etc.)
- Maintain notes on competitor equipment (i.e.: Chassis manufacture / Engine / Transmission / etc.)
- Participate in weekly Technical Director calls, training and maintain close communication on NASCAR processes with other Technical Directors
- Know what competitors are attending the event and assist Series Director with parking plan
- Prepare Crew Chief handouts (i.e.: Tire Sheet / Crew Chief Notes / Schedule / Entry Blank)
- Responsible for Series Hauler, Tool Truck and officials arrive at event on time and ready to go
- Officials – Responsible for conduct of all officials at track and hotel and during travel and ensuring that they maintain NASCAR standards
- Officials – Be sure that Job duties are handed out and that all officials understand their responsibilities
- Officials – That they know the timings on the schedule and where and what they are supposed to be doing at that time
- Work closely with officials in all areas of inspection and answer any questions as they observe and report to the Technical Director and relay this information to the Series Director
- Maintain interaction with Crew Chiefs and that they meet all timings and answer any questions that they may have
- During the race working as a Roamer on pit road and be the main contact to Series director on “go to” channel
- Work with Series Director for Post Race inspections and observe and reports result to Series Director
- Throughout the event maintain notes as per what was found on Initial inspection / pre-race inspection. Also any mechanical concerns during the event (ie: Transmission or Engine failure)
- Prepare report for Series Director on post-race inspection as to what was inspected and the results of this inspection
Required skills / experience:
- Five years' experience in racing, either as a competitor or Official.
- People management experience
- Highly organized
- Customer service skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to travel up to 90% including weekends.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
Apply on company website