Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is actively pursuing a mid-level Civil Engineer to work in our New York City (Midtown) office. The ideal candidate must have strong quantitative skillsets to support municipal and state projects in the northeast, primarily in the NYC Metro Area. This position will work closely with project managers to support clients with civil engineering design for stormwater, wastewater, resiliency/mitigation, and civil/site projects. The successful candidate will work as a team member to support routine and non-routine assignments related to civil and environmental projects of substantial variety and complexity. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct research related to engineering policies and practices,
- Conduct calculations to support planning and design objectives, including hydrologic and/or hydraulic analysts,
- Prepare engineering reports,
- Develop or prepare descriptive charts, figures/maps, and tables/matrices,
- Support design analysis through application of quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques,
- Prepare and draft construction documents (plans and specifications),
- Support cost-benefit analysis,
- Perform field work or construction observation,
- Perform writing assignments to contribute to project documentation and deliverables such as memos and reports,
- Assist with quality control and assurance; and
- Prepare permit applications and support materials.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering (or a related field),
- Four to 8 years of relevant civil engineering experience, PE Certification, or ability to obtain within 6 months,
- Demonstrated educational and relevant work experience showing strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills,
- Related site/civil or municipal experience is highly desired,
- Familiarity with elements of the design-bid-build process including engineering analysis, permitting, development of construction, documents (plans and specifications), cost estimating, and construction administration and observation,
- Has ability to lead engineering designs independently and work with others for support,
- Experience with AutoCAD (AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred),
- Knowledge with Hydrologic and Hydraulic design software programs (HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HydroCAD, etc.); and
- Computer literate, knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 200 IEW
Apply on company website