Kelly is currently seeking a Clinical Trial Manager for a long-term engagement with one of our Global Medical Device clients. It is strongly preferred that candidates for this position are located in California.
This person will join our Kelly FSP (Functional Service Provider) division, a managed solution provider and business unit of Kelly. This role is full-time and is offering full benefit options. As a Kelly FSP employee you may be eligible for Medical, Dental, Vison, 401K, and a variety of other benefits to choose from. You may also be eligible for paid time off, including holiday, vacation, and sick/personal time.
This Clinical Trial Manager will be responsible for leading and supporting one or several clinical trials within the Clinical R&D Department while fostering strong, productive relationships with colleagues across the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under general direction and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and company policies, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Serve as a Clinical Trial Manager within the Clinical R&D Department to execute and manage company sponsored clinical trials, ensuring compliance with timelines and study milestones
- Oversight/execution of feasibility, selection, set up, conduct and closure of a clinical trial within the allocated countries, in accordance with the ICH-GCP, applicable legislation and Company Standard Operating Procedures;
- May serve as the primary contact for clinical trial sites (e.g. site management);
- Develop clinical trial documents (e.g. study protocol, informed consents, CRF, monitoring plan, study manual, investigator brochure, annual reports) with minimal supervision;
- Ensure applicable trial registration from study initiation through posting of results and support publications as needed; (e.g. on www.clinicaltrials.gov)
- Management/oversight of ordering, tracking, and accountability of investigational products and trial materials;
- Interface and collaborate with site personnel, IRBs/ECs, contractors/vendors, and company personnel;
- Oversee the development and execution of Investigator agreements and trial payments;
- Responsible for clinical data review to prepare data for statistical analyses and publications;
- If applicable, may perform monitoring activities including site qualification visits, site initiation visits, interim monitoring visits or close out visits based on study need;
- May contribute to the development and delivery of appropriate global evidence generation strategies (EGS) and evidence dissemination strategies (EDS) within the assigned projects;
- If applicable, as part of a clinical trial, may provide on-site procedural protocol compliance and data collection support to the center;
- Contribute to the critical assessment of the literature and to the interpretations and disseminations of all evidence generated;
- Responsible for delivery of assigned clinical projects, through effective partnership with the study core team leading to delivery of clinical project commitments (deliver on time, within budget and in compliance with regulations and SOPs);
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level. Function as a reliable, trusted resource of accurate, up-to-date project knowledge as requested by key stakeholders;
- Track and manage assigned project budgets to ensure adherence to business plans;
- Support clinical scientific discussions with regulatory agencies/ notified bodies to drive support of the clinical and regulatory strategy;
- Develop a strong understanding of the pipeline, product portfolio and business needs;
- May serve as the clinical representative on a New Product Development team;
- May be responsible for development of Post-Market Clinical Follow-up (PMCF) Plans and Reports;
- May conduct review of promotional materials to ensure fair-balance, accuracy in clinical claims and messaging;
- Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures;
- Manage resources assigned to designated clinical studies to provide quality deliverables while maintaining optimal efficiency;
- Perform other duties assigned as needed;
- Generally manages work with limited supervision, dependent on project complexity. Independent decision-making for simple and more advanced situations but require minimal guidance for complex situations.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree preferably in Life Science, Physical Science, Nursing, or Biological Science required.
- BS with at least 6 years, MS with at least 5 years, PhD with at least 3 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Previous experience in clinical research or equivalent is required.
- Experience working well with cross-functional teams is required.
- Relevant industry certifications preferred (i.e., CCRA, CCRC, CCRP, RAC, CDE, GCP, ISO 14155, MDR, MEDDEV,…).
- Clinical/medical background a plus.
- Experience managing projects a plus.
- Medical device experience preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES and AFFILIATIONS
Functional and Technical Competencies:
- Good understanding of clinical research science and processes along with an understanding of product development processes, team dynamics, related healthcare market environment, clinical trends, and global clinical trial regulations;
- Ability to provide scientifically strategic and scientific clinical research input across New Product Development (NPD) and Life-Cycle Management (LCM) projects;
- Proven track record in delivering clinical projects within clinical/ surgical research setting, on time, within budget and in compliance to SOPs and regulations;
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrate competencies in the following area are required:
- Behave and lead in a professional and ethical manner
- Advanced technical writing skills
- Advanced project management skills with ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to lead small study teams to deliver critical milestones, as may be assigned.
- Leadership required in alignment with company Leadership Imperatives:
- Connect – Develop strong collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Shape - Make recommendations for and actively participate and lead in departmental process improvement activities.
- Lead - Take ownership in critical scientific thinking and development of self and engage in transparent and constructive conversations.
- Deliver - Strive to ensure all deliverables on allocated studies and those of any direct reports are met on time, within budget and in compliance to SOPs and regulations.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website